Christmas Time Is Near, Healthy Meals Are Here
The countdown to Christmas has begun and it is a festive time of camaraderie and fun. It brings friends and family together to revel in the Christmas spirit. What better way to have a great time with them than preparing a sumptuous meal that compliments great conversation and company.
This Christmas, we give you three tasty recipes to impress your guests and make you the perfect Christmas host. Follow these simple steps to make a meal that is full of variety, flavour and heart.
Salmon Fish Cakes:
Begin the Christmas meal with an interesting starter that is sure to work up an appetite and leave them wanting more. For this, all you need is 2 cups of mashed potatoes with salt, butter and milk added, fresh salmon/kaala from TenderCuts, 2 eggs, 1/2 tsp salt and pepper to taste, 2 tbsp chopped parsley, bowl of breadcrumbs.
- Put the mashed potatoes, salmon, egg, salt, pepper and parsley together in a bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients using a fork to break up the fish, then form into patties.
- Dip patties into beaten egg, using a brush to coat them evenly. Coat in the breadcrumbs.
- Place on baking sheet and continue until the remaining mixture is finished.
- Fry gently over medium heat until golden brown on both sides, adding oil as needed.
- Place on paper-towel lined sheet to absorb the excess oil.
Serve it with ketchup or chutney to start the meal in a great way.
Leg of Lamb with Roasted Garlic & Tomatoes:
Surprise your guests with this main course made of lamb. Full of flavour and juicy meat, it is sure to leave your guests’ mouth-watering. Just be sure to make a big portion in case they go for seconds.
For this, you will need cherry tomatoes, 1 head garlic, thyme, 2 tbsp. olive oil, salt and pepper, 1 orange, 2 kgs TenderCuts bone-in leg of lamb, 1 tbsp. ground cumin.
- Heat oven to 200°C. In a large roasting pan, toss the tomatoes, garlic, thyme, oil, 3/4 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper.
- Using a vegetable peeler, remove strips of orange zest. Thinly slice the zest. Nestle the lamb in the tomatoes, pushing them to the sides of the pan as necessary. Season the lamb with the cumin, 2 tsp salt and 3/4 tsp pepper, then rub with the orange zest.
- Roast the lamb to the desired level, 60°C for medium-rare, 90 to 105 minutes. Transfer the lamb to a cutting board and let rest for at least 15 minutes before slicing.
Serve with the tomatoes and garlic.
A good meal isn’t done if one doesn’t finish it with dessert. The Yorkshire pudding is a favourite among all and is the icing on the perfect festive cake. We give you a quick way to make this interesting dessert to end the day in a glorious way. For this, you need 140g plain flour, 4 eggs from TenderCuts, 200ml milk, sunflower oil.
- Heat oven to 230°C.
- Drizzle a little sunflower oil evenly into two 4-hole Yorkshire pudding tins or a 12-hole non-stick muffin tin and place in the oven to heat through.
- To make the batter, tip 140g plain flour into a bowl and beat in 4 eggs until smooth.
- Gradually add 200ml milk and carry on beating until the mix is completely lump-free. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour the batter into a jug, then remove the hot tins from the oven. Carefully and evenly pour the batter into the holes.
- Place the tins back in the oven and leave undisturbed for 20-25 mins until the puddings have puffed up and browned.
Serve immediately when warm. This will pair well with a glass of wine. If there are leftovers, you can now cool them and freeze for up to 1 month.
Now that you have recipes for a 3 course meal in your hands, get set and come to TenderCuts for juicy, tender meats and farm fresh eggs to cook the most delightful Christmas lunch or dinner for your friends and family members.
Visit our store or Click on the below links to order online: