Are You Hungry For The Christmas Spirit?
The season of joy is just around the corner! You may not have a magic wand to swish and bring down confetti and fireworks, but a fork and knife will do just fine. Get into the festive mode and treat your friends and family to an exquisite meal of roast turkey with turkey gravy that would even make Santa Claus swoop down from his sleigh to savour it.
Roast turkey isn’t a very difficult dish to make. All it requires is a fresh & juicy turkey, the right ingredients and a sprinkle of the Christmas spirit. Follow these simple steps to cook up the perfect meal for your dear ones.
Roast Turkey Recipe:
½ cup butter
1 lemon (squeezed)
1 lemon (cut)
1 teaspoon thyme leaves (chopped)
Thyme – 1 large bunch
1 fresh turkey (4 kg)
Salt & ground black pepper (as required)
250 gms onion (sliced)
1 head garlic (sliced)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add lemon juice and chopped thyme leaves and mix.
- For the stuffing, mix thyme leaves bunch, onion, garlic, cut lemon, 3 table spoons of salt and black pepper.
- Remove the giblets out of the turkey and clean it inside out. Stuff the inside cavity with the stuffing.
- Brush the outside of the turkey with butter and sprinkle salt and pepper.
- Tie the legs and wings with a string and place it in a roasting pan.
- Roast the turkey for about 2-2.5 hours until the juices run clear when you cut. Remove and cover it with aluminium foil. Leave it to rest for 20 mins.
Turkey Gravy Recipe:
½ cup butter
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
½ cup all-purpose flour
4 cups turkey stock/drippings
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Sprinkle the black pepper, add the all-purpose flour and whisk to combine.
- Add the turkey stock and drippings and continue to whisk.
- All the gravy to cook for several minutes so that it can thicken up.
Your roast turkey and gravy is ready. Slice up the turkey and serve it with the hot gravy. Good conversations and great company go well with this meal. So bring your dear ones this Christmas and enjoy the season in a picture perfect way.
Pre-order the special, juicy turkey this Christmas from Tendercuts.
Note: pre – order opens from 23rd december.